Straw Bale Garden Club
- About Joel
- Contact Join our Club
- How to build a straw bale garden surface trellis
- How to build the perfect compost bin
- How to make your straw bale garden greenhouse
- Installing a trellis system
- Is straw bale gardening "gluten-free"?
- Make a map of your straw bale garden
- Planning your straw bale garden
- Site selection and preparation
- Are ants harmful to my vegetables?
- How can I get rid of or prevent ants?
- What can I do about the ants invading my bales?
- Day 1 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 2 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 3 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 4 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 5 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 6 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 7 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 8 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 9 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 10 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 11 of conditioning your straw bales
- Day 12 of conditioning your straw bales
- Organic sources of nitrogen that work best?
- Should I be concerned about flies?
- What to use?
- When to start?
- Why does some fertilizer sit on top, is this normal?
- Why do the organic bales smell bad for a while?
- Bale temperature - when is it safe to plant?
- Can I plant in extra large straw bales?
- How can I speed up the conditioning?
- What if my bales are too hot?
- What if my bales don't get hot inside?
- How far apart do I set up my bales?
- How many bales should I plant?
- How can anyone afford to buy bales they are so expensive?
- How can I save money using bales?
- How to make your own bales with a BaleMaker 3000
- What can I do with last years half decomposed and falling over bales?
- What can I use to make my own bales?
- What is a balemaker3000?
- How to fix your tipping bales
- Helping out your Beans and Peas with stick teepees
- How many cabbage in a bale?
- Why does cabbage grow so well in bales?
- Can I grow corn in my straw bale garden?
- Why is corn not recommended in a Straw Bale Garden?
- How can I keep deer away?
- How can I keep rabbits away?
- How can I prevent neighborhood livestock from getting into my garden?
- How to keep deer away from your garden
- What about raccoons will they get into the bales?
- Will rabbit jump up on the bales?
- End of season bale comparison - Homemade vs Straw
- Garden cleanup in Joel's backyard
- What will my Straw Bale Garden look like at the end of the season?
- Fertilizing your straw bale garden plants
- How to use an in-line, automatic fertilizing system
- How to use flowers as indicator plants for watering your straw bale garden
- Setting up a straw bale FLOWER garden
- A Gardening Medley from Kearney, New Jersey
- Garden interview with Danielle and Finn from Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
- Garden visit with Diane and Melissa in Mounds View, Minnesota
- Garden visit with Eric in Northfield, Minnesota
- Garden visit with Sandy in Excelsior, Minnesota
- Garden visit with Steve at the Nativity Child Family Center in Saint Anthony, Minnesota
- Interview with Paul Sorenson in Blaine, Minnesota
- St Croix Montessori school garden Week 3 update
- Update from Joel's garden in Roseville, Minnesota August 17 2015
- Update from Paul's garden in Blaine, Minnesota Week 4
- Harvesting tips - Cucumbers, Heirloom Tomatoes, Green Beans, Cauliflower, Summer Squash, Monster Zucchini
- How to grow and harvest Kale
- How to harvest your Lettuce crop twice!
- Pruning young plants
- Thinning Your Seedlings with Scissors
- Traditional garden troubles: shade & roots & weeds!
- Advantages and disadvantages of using hay instead of straw?
- Can I use a hay bale instead?
- Don't let your Cilantro bolt!
- Growing GREAT Basil!
- Harvesting Basil mid-season
- Battling the bugs in your garden
- How to fight the cabbage worms in your garden
- How to Use Eggshells to Prevent Damage from Slugs
- Can I store bales over winter?
- Doesn't straw attract rodents?
- Should I cover bales over winter?
- What if I have gophers or moles already in my garden area?
- Are mushrooms harmful to my plants?
- Are the mushrooms edible?
- Are the spores that are given off by the mushrooms harmful?
- Can I grow mushrooms on the bales as a crop?
- Do I need to be concerned about the mold
- Do I need to remove the mushrooms from the bales?
- How long do the mushrooms last?
- What to do about mushrooms growing on my bales?
- How many in a bale?
- What about blossom end rot in peppers if I plant in bales?
- What are the main concerns with growing peppers in bales?
- Can I plant with fertilizer crust on my straw bales?
- Do I need to make a seedbed or just push seeds into the straw?
- Do I use potting mix around transplants?
- How deep do I plant transplants into the bales?
- How do I plant transplants?
- How far apart should I plant seeds?
- How many plants can fit into a bale?
- How should I plant seeds?
- How to plant onions in your straw bale garden
- Planting in your straw bale garden
- The EASY way to use a shovel in your straw bale garden
- How to grow potatoes in your straw bale garden
- Can I set up bales in my parking lot?
- Can I set up bales on concrete?
- Can i set up my bales on my lawn?
- Do I have to have the wire trellis above the bales?
- Garden markers and journals
- How far apart should I put rows of bales??
- How should I orient the bales?
- How to beautify your bales
- Setting up your straw bale garden from scratch
- What if I cannot pound in the posts for a trellis, how can I still make a trellis?
- What can I do about the sprouts coming out of my bales?
- Will hay bales sprout weeds?
- How many tomato plants can I put in a bale?
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- Tomato Talk - Episode 1
- What about blossom end rot in tomatoes planted in straw bales?
- Why are my tomato plants getting flowers but they are dropping off?
- Will I avoid the blight if I plant in bales?
- Installing an Irrigation System
- Adding emitters for specific plants in your SBG
- Can the bales be too wet?
- How long should I water my bales?
- How often should I water my Straw Bale Garden?
- Should I have one or two soaker hoses on each bale?
BALES - CONDITIONING
BALES - HEAT
BALES - HOW MANY DO I NEED?
BALES - MAKE YOUR OWN
BALES - TIPPING
BEANS AND PEAS
CABBAGE / CUCURBITS
DEER / RABBITS / INVADERS
END OF SEASON
GROWING AND HARVESTING
HAY or OTHER
INSECTS AND WORMS
MICE or OTHER RODENTS
Bale temperature - when is it safe to plant? video
Please login or signup to view the video
Looking for a gift for yourself or someone else?
Members be sure to check the site for special, weekly discounts!See Store for Details
Get a copy of "Straw Bale Gardens Complete" today!
Members get a 20% Discount!See Store for Details
Welcome New Members!
Brooklyn Park, MN
Far Hills, NJ
Ann Laurie, F
Mary Kay, L
EATON RAPIDS, MI
Saint Paul, MN
Brooklyn Center, MN
Vestavia Hills, AL
Bonner Springs, KS
Colorado Springs, CO
Robert McBroom, J
North Hills, CA
Patricia J, S
Christiane K, P
Platte City, MO
Falls Church, VA
Santa Rosa, CA
MYRON j, H
Stone Mountain, GA
Saint Peters, MO
Gwinnett Technical, C
san antonio, TX
Bruce & Diane, M
Spokane Valley, WA
Greenwich NJ, NJ
Twin Lake, MI
Chino Valley, AZ
Hopewell Jct, NY
catherine b, f
jerry l, p
Mary Lou, B
Myrtle Beach, SC